Woo hoo… this week played out NOTHING like I planned!
- Monday: Early morning trail run with Jade The Boxer, X-Stretch in P90x with my hubby
- Tuesday: NTC app & yoga
- Wednesday: 1 mile run with Jade The Boxer before my foot hurt too bad to continue
- Thursday: Rest Day
- Friday: Rest day
- Saturday: Sitting around while Team Challenge did 8 miles
- Sunday: Rest Day
So…. That’s how the week played out. You end up with some stress fractures in the foot and then suddenly everything takes a different turn. But I do need to figure out something to do even though I can’t run. Or maybe I’ll watch Netflix and Hulu all the time.
Initially I was thinking my 4th of July plans would involve getting up early and running Jade in the desert for an hour or so. Then I would bug her all day so she doesn’t sleep much, maybe even take her up the mountain. Then hopefully, by the time evening rolls around and people start blasting fireworks, she’s exhausted and not too scared. Well, that’s not going to happen now. Guess what sweet pup, you’re probably going to be scared!
The next week is obviously not very fleshed out. I have a follow-up with my podiatrist on Thursday morning. I was supposed to have a bone scan on Wednesday but due to insurance difficulties, that’s not happening. (One of the bad sides of telecommuting.) I would love to do yoga, but I’m not sure I can or am supposed to do downward facing dog or asanas that might put pressure on that foot. I’m still learning what I can and can’t do.
- Monday: attempt to do X-Stretch in P90x with my hubby
- Tuesday: NTC app
- Wednesday: Mat Pilates from YogaDownload (not sure what this entails, but I’ll check it out)
- Thursday: Something
- Friday: Something
- Saturday: Something
- Sunday: Something
It is what it is…