Recently I got the Dual Pocket Running Belt from SLS3 to test. I have tried their compression calf sleeves (and totally recommend them! They’re great!) so I was happy to give this a try. They’ve been expanding their running belt offerings lately. You can get an SLS3 run belt to hold your iphone, to hold your bib number, to hold hydration bottles… their collection has grown a lot. But I haven’t tried all of them and the focus here is the dual pocket belt.
- Affordable: The belt retails at $29.90 but the SLS3 Amazon store has it listed for just $16.90 (43% Off).*
- Adjustable: With buckles on each side of the pockets, this fitness belt can be adjusted quite a bit. I’ve encountered belts with the adjusters on one side only, so I appreciated that the fit on this one could be personalized a lot more.
- Water Resistance: Not only is the pocket lined so your sweat won’t soak through to ruin your things, the zipper is waterproof for any kind of weather.
- Capacity: You can fit quite a bit of stuff into the pockets. From larger smartphones to tons of gels to whatever else you may want to carry with you, odds are you’ll be able to fit it in there. I ran with about 6 gels and a phone shoved in there and it all fit fine. (And it was a 3-mile run… just to test it. The things I do for you guys! LOL!)
- Bounce: It says it’s supposed to be bounce-free, but either I don’t know how to load it up to prevent bounce or I don’t know where to position it. But my default instinct is to wear this lower on the hips. And when I start running, it bounces up to my waist and since my waist is smaller than my hips, it bounces around there. Maybe I’m just supposed to give up on the notion of wearing it lower on the hips.
- Not Original: There are a few belts of this nature on the market. So there is still competition in this area. However, I do think what sets them apart is how cost-effective all of their belts are across the styles.
So not only are they well priced, but they gave me a code so that you can order ANYTHING off their entire store at slstri.com for 40% off! (Compression sleeves, shorts, capris, running belt, etc.) Just use code BLOG40 to get the discount.
And what’s better than a discount? Free!!! Want to win the belt? They’ve offered up a giveaway and you can enter here!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
*Prices as of this posting.
I’m interested in the belt because it’s water resistant. Then I wouldn’t have to carry around a zip lock bag for my phone all the time.
LOL! I totally get that! I’ve had my phone trapped in zip-top bags on plenty of occasions!
I think this is a really cool idea. My friend has one and she enjoys it, but I am also worried about bouncing. That would annoy me.
I know there are a lot of people who use belts similar to this without bounce issues… I don’t know what the trick is! I think it’s just trial-and-error for everyone to find what works. And if you win… at least you get to try for free!
I just bought a water bottle holder made by this company last week at the Phoenix Marathon expo. I’d never heard of them before that! I’m trying it out this weekend on my long run. I’m excited that its pocket is big enough to hold my iphone (unlike my old Nathan hydration belt)
I have an old FuelBelt hydration belt from 2008ish that I’m pretty sure can just hold one gel in the pocket on that thing. LOL!
And I hope you got a good deal on it! Cause there’s a code on my site for 40% off anything from their online store!
They sold it to me $35 at the expo. Looks like online its $45 but with your discount I would have paid $27. Oh well, at least I didn’t pay $45. If it holds up well on tomorrows 20 mile run (GULP!) I’ll post something about it and share your link! My Nathan one has lost elasticity in the little bottle holder thingys and the bottles tend to randomly fly out when they are full. I really like that this one has a little elastic bungie thing that goes over the top of the bottle to make sure the bottles will stay in there securely. And the HUGE pocket! I’d been wearing my hydration belt AND my hip sister belt to hold my phone on long runs!
I’m the owner of two similar belts, but they aren’t water resistant, that totally makes me want to try this!
Love the idea of this belt, too bad I missed the giveaway! I’m always looking for the latest and greatest way to hold my stuff while running and I think I’m going to have to give this one a try.
Great deal on Amazon compared to so many others out there. They also have this HiPZiPP belt that looks interesting: http://amzn.to/1ppllDD