If anyone follows me on Instagram/Facebook/Twitter… my foot selfies have become pretty commonplace and expected. I actually took a photo during or after nearly every single run of 2014. (I can think of about 5 off the top of my head that I know I missed.) I’ve amassed quite a collection of them!
Other things I realized from this:
- I did a terrible job of tracking mileage on my shoes this year.
- But the majority of my runs were done in the same few shoes.
- Despite getting other brands/models of shoes, I kept falling back to my Saucony Virrata.
- A shoe that I’m pretty sure is on its way out the door.
- But all of these photos and knowing my habits, the shoes have to have 300-500 miles on each pair.
- Perhaps I should scrounge up a few pairs before they disappear completely.
- For marathon training, ya know…
- I need more variety in my running apparel!
There are lots of races in there. Seeing the shots with my daughter’s feet are sweet and spotting her different shoes reminds me of how much she has grown and changed throughout the year.
I’ve already started 2015 with a few of these shots. I don’t think I’ll stop taking them anytime soon… but I feel like I need to do something different too. Maybe stick with the exact same weather template for the whole year? Add lame stickers to the shots? I have a run tomorrow morning, will I decide on something by then?