2011 was definitely a weird year for my running… it didn’t pan out at all how I would have planned or imagined. All year I felt like I kept getting slower, more sluggish. I got a stress fracture that took me out for a couple of months which was hard at the time, but looking back it really wasn’t that long. Perspective is a hard one to grasp!
The end of 2011 hasn’t shaped up how I thought it would either. I had the notion that the moment I was done with RNRLV with Team Challenge I would start trying to cram as many races of my own in as possible… and that just hasn’t happened. I signed up for 3 races and only felt up to doing 1 of them, and even that one I felt blah the whole time.
I had planned on running 3 half marathons between January 7 and February 4. But after a crummy morning on Christmas Eve I decided to not sign up for the January 7 event and am not feeling that confident in the idea of doing other halfs either.
I finished 2011 frustrated and I’m entering 2012 frustrated. I don’t have any resolutions because I just don’t feel like making any. Nothing I think of seems to have any YES!!! factor to it, nothing has felt right.
So I’m entering 2012 feeling a little adrift, slightly lost, not sure where things are going or what is happening. I am going to be coaching Team Challenge for the Napa to Sonoma Half Marathon taking place in July… we have our very first planning meeting this week! (Wow…. so soon! Normally that doesn’t happen until March-ish.) And beyond that… nothing planned in terms of running or fitness. Actually, nothing really planned in any facet of life. Like I said… I’m adrift. Maybe it’s just sadness that my nice long holiday break is over and I have to return to the “real world.”
I hope all of you had a wonderful New Years Eve and have a great 2012, that you are entering the new year feeling more focused than I am! Cheers!
Top Search Terms
– gatorade prime review
– salonpas review
– salty sweat
– nutribody protein review
– ripped toenail
– road rash on face
– armpocket review
– ice bath time
– bryce canyon half marathon review
– cedar half marathon
Search Engine Questions that brought people to Jill Will Run
– what should i do to endorphin?
– what happens if you take off your toenail?
– what does my name meane?
– what is the demon that responds to his name?
– sorry, I had to fartlek (Okay, not a question, but it made me laugh!)
– December 7, 2011 (People looking for Post-RnRLV info!)
– 30% of visitors use Internet Explorer, with Firefox coming in right behind, followed up by Chrome and Safari.
(If you can, please stop using IE! Upgrade to a better browser!)
– 67% of my visitors are using Windows OS, 25% on Mac OS and very small amounts coming in from other platforms. There were 2 people who visited my site on Playstation 3.
– The majority of mobile visitors to my site are here on iPhone or iPad, but there are several Android users too.