Well, it’s a new year… and I’m having a hard time wanting to reflect back on 2009. I’ve been in kind of a grumpy mood and I keep focusing on the downer moments… starting the year off with a rough half-marathon and DNFing a marathon a couple weeks later to finishing the year with a rough half-marathon and being sick! I’m sure there were happy moments in there… on yeah, I won a trip to Washington DC to run the Global Race for the Cure with my mom and I did have some good races… it wasn’t all bad!
It’s kind of strange to look at 2010 without any solid goal races on the horizon… but I’m playing it by ear. I’m sure what is supposed to happen will! Here are a few things that I know I would like to do though:
- I would like to make an effort to do some more consistent cross-training this year, but that may involve getting a gym membership again and I am NOT doing that for January 1… I used to get so annoyed with the New Year Rush at the gym when I was consistently going to a gym and I don’t want to be “that person”. 😉
- I’m going to log my miles religiously this year. I’ve seen all these posts on other blogs and twitter of people who have logged 1000 or 2000 miles in the past year. I think I’ve got about 800-900 miles logged in various places, but I’m going to keep all miles in Daily Mile and SportTracks so I can get cute little graphs to show me how hard I’ve worked.
- I’m going to include more photos (and possibly video) of myself on my blog. I LOVE seeing other bloggers include photos of themselves in their posts. I shy away from doing that frequently because I’m too harsh on myself, I’m very quick to pick out my “flaws” in photos. I need to get past that and this seems like a good way to accomplish that goal.
- Tying into the previous one… I’m going to try taking photos on more of my runs. Basically, just allowing myself to be a little more playful and laid back during runs.
- I’m going to use more of the features on my Garmin. Things like pre-programmed workouts could be very helpful. And the virtual running partner? I’ve never even met the person! If I’ve got all these things available to me, I might as well learn how to use them.
I ran 3.1 miles at 7:00 AM today, in my book that was the perfect way to start off the New Year. And as part of that, I even snapped a couple of pictures to post here… Gotta be good at the New Year’s goals on the first day, right?
I look forward to continuing to build this great online community, the support and encouragement I receive from all of you really make it possible for me to continue each and every day! Let’s make 2010 a great year together – Happy New Year!