It’s starting to get cooler, more autumn-esque (You know, like 88 degrees!) and that is making me excited about switching up my wardrobe. I tried to spruce it up last year and earlier this year, because I’m terrible at defining my own style. But when summer comes, it’s harder simply because it’s a thousand degrees and wearing anything other than shorts/tanks/flip-flops feels too hot! So I signed up for the service Le Tote. My first “tote” is on its way to me, so I’ll make sure to share the goods here. Basically, the way it works is you get a box of 5 items and you can return them at any time and get as many boxes in a month as can be shipped. You can wear the items out and about for a day or two… or months if you wanted to hang onto them that long… and then return what you don’t want and buy what you like. I appreciate that I don’t have to make the decision before trying it out in real life. If anyone is interested, I’ll do a Stitch Fix recap with my thoughts on things I’ve kept… some have been winners beyond the initial decision and some have been duds.
Every day when I pick A up from school, she asks me “Where’s Jade?” Then when I tell her that Jade is at home, she nods her head matter-of-factly and says, “Yeah.” I think Jade feels conflicted while A is at school now, she enjoys having some time to herself without a small person getting in her face at times, but she also misses that small person. I’m really glad and grateful how gentle Jade is with the kid, especially as I hear about more and more friends who have had to get rid of their dogs when they had babies.
5 x 10 Questions aka 50 Questions
I saw this on Happy Fit Mama and felt like answering the questions. I am pretty sure I’ve answered many of these on the site in some form, but some of the answers change as life goes on. And I always like reading these types of things to learn more about other bloggers.
1. What are you wearing? My workout clothes from the Surfset class I took earlier today. I should change, I’ll do that on my lunch break. This is one of those ups/downs of telecommuting. You turn into a slob.
2. Ever been in love? Yes
3. Ever had a terrible breakup? No
4. How tall are you? 5’5″
5. How much do you weigh? Somewhere between 50-150 lbs, aside from my medical team that’s all anyone needs to know.
6. Any tattoos? I have the Japanese kanji for beauty and balance on my inner ankle and a sunflower on my outer ankle. They’re all ED recovery related. And I want more.
7. Any piercings? 2 in each ear, 2 additional piercings in my left ear that probably have closed up.
8. OTP (one true pair, favorite fictional couple)? Jim and Pam on The Office. (I had never heard of this OTP-nonsense before. Honestly, most fictional couples give these completely unrealistic and unattainable picture of romance that I can’t endorse.)
9. Favorite show? @Midnight
10. Favorite bands? I love too much music to pick a favorite!
11. Something you miss? Flexibility to do whatever I feel like in my life. Coaching Team Challenge. Seeing other people while I work.
12. Favorite song? Probably Float On by Modest Mouse.
13. How old are you? 36
14. Zodiac sign? Leo
15. Quality you look for in a partner? Lots of money! $$$$ (Okay, totally kidding.) I can’t say I’ve ever looked for a particular quality, sometimes you just “click” with someone.
16. Favorite Quote? Recent favorite is:
17. Favorite actor? Vin Diesel… okay, that’s sarcasm – I don’t have one.
18. Loud music or soft? Both
20. Where do you go when you’re sad? Inside my own head.
21. How long does it take you to shower? 10ish minutes
22. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning? Do I have to go somewhere? No… 2 minutes. If I have to go somewhere, 10-25 minutes depending on the somewhere and how presentable I need to be.
23. Ever been in a physical fight? That question is laughable.
24. Turn on? Humor, intelligent, wit
25. Turn off? Rudeness
26. The reason I started blogging? It was mentioned in a tech magazine so I started an official blog back in 2001. [read: Blogging Just Evolves]
27. Fear? Messing up my kid.
28. Last thing that made you cry? Feeling overwhelmed and fed up with everything in my life
29. Last time you said you loved someone? This morning when I sent my kid to school
30. Meaning behind the name of your blog? I think it is pretty self-explanatory: I’m Jill.. I Will Run.
31. Last book you read? The Runner’s Bucket List: 200 Races to Run Before You Die – eventually I will post a review of this book.
32. The book you’re currently reading? I am almost done with Endurance: A Novel of Terror. It’s crazy messed-up.
33. Last show you watched? The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon
34. Last person you talked to? A colleague
35. The relationship between you and the person you last texted? One of my employees
36. Favorite food? Pizza, I really like the stuff.
37. Place you want to visit? I’d really really really like to go to Greece.
38. Last place you were? Uh… the Surfset studio? Or is this last place I went out-of-town? Utah, for work.
39. Do you have a crush? That feels so 15-years-old, to “have a crush”. LOL
40. Last time you kissed someone? This morning when I loaded my kiddo into her seat for her daddy to take her to school.
41. Last time you were insulted? Don’t remember.
42. Favorite flavor of sweet? Sugar – does that cover it all?
43. What instruments do you play? Piano and flute, as well as the guitar a little bit. But I haven’t played any of those for years, as I don’t own a musical instrument to practice now.
44. Favorite piece of jewelry? The piece I remember to wear? I do really love my wedding ring, I love the trillion cut diamond, I don’t see many people with that.
45. Last sport you played? Uh… I ran, but I don’t think of that as “I played running.”
46. Last song you sang? Itsy Bitsy Spider… my kid requested it, okay? She’s two-years-old!
47. Favorite chat up line? I couldn’t think of one, had to look some up. I’ll go with: You are hotter than the bottom of my laptop.
48. Have you ever used it? No, especially considering I just found it. I’ll go try it.
49. Last time you hung out with anyone? Does going to a movie with friends on Tuesday count? Who has time to just “hang out”?
50. Who should answer these questions next? Anybody, nobody. I dare someone to answer all 50 questions in the comments of this post.