On Wednesday night I was invited by TomTom to come run at our local Fleet Feet Sports here in Vegas and do a wear test of their new GPS watch. I was excited at the opportunity to get a little hands-on time with the watch. They let me pull one of their trial watches from the bag, showed me a few steps on how to make it work and I took off for a short lap around the soccer parks. (2 miles) The watch was super easy to use, the screens were very intuitive and I LOVED how lightweight it felt on my wrist. I was super shocked when I got back to the store and they gave me one of my own! I will definitely post some reviews on it when I’ve used it more. But seriously, Christmas in November!
Here is a roundup of other things that have made their way onto my radar recently:
- Las Vegas Ski & Snowboard Resort (LVSSR) will be opening on November 29 this season and recently announced a complimentary coaching service where skiers and snowboarders can “drop-in,” ask questions and receive feedback from professional instructors for FREE. This is in addition to more traditional ski school programs.
- Another cool thing from LVSSR is a new Ride Local card. This is for people who can’t commit to a full season pass, yet would still like to be able to get a good deal on skiing/snowboarding. Buy the card for $69 until December 7 and be entitled to 2 weeks of free skiing/boarding: December 9-15 and the last week of the season. This also locks in $49 daily lift passes available anytime during the season!
- We all know about Turkey Trots, right? I just learned that several wildlife refuges have turkey trots with actual turkeys! (or other birds…) I know there are events in California, Illinois, New Jersey, Massachusetts, and other places. Find a wildlife refuge near you to see what they’ve got happening!
- Free shipping on books ordered from HumanKinetics.com for two weeks only through November 28th using promo code N945 at checkout.
- Zensah has a new thigh compression sleeve. I like their calf sleeves.
- Annie’s is now making mac and cheese pizza. My kid would probably eat it!
- The Wings for Life World Run takes place at the same time all around the world. (Yeah, that means that people in LA start at 3 AM)
- The Las Vegas Monorail will be offering discounted tickets for this weekend’s RnR participants and spectators. Tickets must be purchased in advance online though! 25% discount
- Kimmy Gibbler is running this weekend’s Vegas RnR.
Have a great weekend!