Last week was an interesting week, at least in terms of working out.
- I ran on Tuesday, felt great.
- On Thursday, when I was going to run again there were really high winds out, so I stayed inside and did yoga.
- I went out on Friday, initially thinking I would run… but every time I tried to run, I just felt winded/awkward/tired. So I walked 3 miles.
- On Sunday we walked Jade The Boxer to the dog park and I felt exhausted after that. (Jade was exhausted too!) I was gasping for breath the whole day. (I also started to feel the warmth, and a temperature of 80 degrees never used to bother me. I used to go sit in my backyard in 110 degrees because I was cold inside the house. This heat aversion is an unwelcome change.)
I think the breathing problems are due to several reasons:
- I have asthma
- Pregnancy aggravates my asthma.
- Allergy season is in full force
- I think the kid had some kind of growth spurt this week, because my belly grew and suddenly on Wednesday I could no longer wear non-maternity pants.
I don’t know what this week will hold. Not sure if it will be any running or sticking with walks… no matter what, I’m still trying to move. My work has a wellness program (and it’s the lamest program ever, seriously… the tasks are ridiculous) that is voluntary right now, but will eventually have a bearing on our insurance costs. I am coming up with my own tasks for the challenge, so this is what I’ve got:
- Strength Train 1x week
- Spend Time Outside
- Yoga 2x week
- run or walk 2x week
I hope I can maintain those, but if not… I will re-evaluate and re-write!