Abby tagged me for the latest meme to float around. The levity is good because my brain and heart have been working overtime lately on much heavier topics!
1. Post these rules
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them that you’ve tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section about “you are tagged if you are reading this.” You legitimately have to tag 11 people.
11 Random Things About Jill
- I hate peas. With a passion. I bought a bag of frozen peas once to keep on hand as an ice pack, but I almost felt like some kind of traitor for supporting the pea industry.
- In high school I had an “Adult Roles” class where we had to carry around a sack of flour to emulate having a baby. I named my flour sack baby “Vernal Equinox” and I kept him under my desk in most classes. The teacher told me I didn’t take the assignment seriously. (Especially considering some girls put hair on their “babies” and carried them around in car seats.)
- My primary running dream is to get to a point where I can do 1 or 2 marathons a year for the rest of my life. That didn’t happen in recent years due to my eating disorder and that will be on the backburner for a while now due to pregnancy!
- I kind of consider that I “rescued” Jade The Boxer. True, she was bought as a puppy from a breeder by someone else. But that person decided within a week of having her that she couldn’t handle a rambunctious puppy and Jade was relegated to living in a crate for entire days. So when I took Jade from this woman, she was kind of my “rescue” baby. And that whole “Who Rescued Who?” saying is totally applicable for us!
- I don’t think I’m a big fan of board games. Mainly because it seems like there is always someone in the group who gets too eager about things and angry when things don’t go their way.
- I am not into team sports. I didn’t play any growing up, I don’t care for watching their events much, and I don’t usually care for the crazed way fans can act at these things. It’s ONLY a game!
- I worked at a public library in high school. I loved Saturdays because I got to work in the children’s library. I’m a really fast reader, so I usually power-read a couple books in The Baby Sitters Club series while I worked, so I could totally keep up chatter with the little girls about the latest release.
- I would make an awful public school teacher. I usually guest lecture in a college class each semester, one time a student was texting the whole time and I told him that he could leave and do that since it is technically his choice to come to college but I find it disrespectful to me and everyone else the way he’s behaving. I don’t think that would fly if you told a middle school kid to get the hell out of the classroom.
- I hate dry crusty feet. Especially when those feet are out on display.
- I started to enjoy popular music at a very young age. I cringe to think of all the times I sat there and sang loudly in the shower or along with my headphones in the car. That would be so embarrassing to do now and I must have driven my parents nuts!
- Telecommuting has been one of the greatest and most awful things in life. It’s nice to have the job security and to retain all those connections, but it’s so hard to be alone all the time. Idle chitchat and “water cooler” discussions may seem like a waste of time, but I think that it helps in brainstorming, camaraderie and general mental health of employees!
11 Questions Answered
1. What is your greatest strength?
Probably my empathy. It’s also a great weakness.
2. What’s your best Halloween costume to date?
My mom made my brother and me clown costumes when we were kids. Our photo graced the school hallway for years they were so good!
3. What’s the best thing that has ever happened to you?
Happened sounds like such chance! I guess meeting the man I’m married to “happened” and I’m really glad for him.
4. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
People who misspell “voila” online… especially big bloggers who make their sole income off their site. Learn to spell the word, It’s not VIOLA, that’s a musical instrument.
But I do have another pet peeve that has just emerged, people who pin something on Pinterest that just links to a blog archive page or link to another pin so I can’t ever get to the original source.
5. If you had to choose one word to describe yourself, what would it be?
6. What’s your dream vacation?
Greece… I’ve always wanted to go there. But I’d like to get there without the long plane ride because my hubby hates planes! And without planning it because I find it next to impossible to actually plan a vacation, hence the reason we’ve had so many staycations.
7. If you could choose one celebrity to play you in a movie, who would it be?
Um… this is tough. I guess maybe Reese Witherspoon?
8. What is your favorite class you’ve ever taken?
AP Biology. I just have a lot of good memories from that class.
9. Who is your favorite literary character?
This is hard… but maybe a combination of Pippi Longstocking and Nancy Drew. I so wanted to be like both of them. I wanted to be adventuresome and carefree like Pippi and I wanted to be grown-up and analytical like Nancy.
10. If you had 24 hours left to live (and unlimited resources) what would you do?
Probably make my own funeral arrangements so my family didn’t have to deal with it. Maybe I should write those out so I can stop thinking about it!
11. What’s the first thing you notice about someone else?
I honestly don’t think I notice the same thing about every person I meet. Each person is so unique, that I’m drawn to something special about them.
11 Random Questions
- What is your favorite comfort food from your childhood?
- If you won a huge lottery, what would be the first thing you bought?
- If you could choose a different career, would you and what would it be?
- Dog or cat preference?
- Mac or PC preference?
- Do you prefer talking on the phone or texting and why?
- Did you ever have a really rebellious phase?
- Why do you blog or read blogs?
- What is your biggest pet peeve about websites? (Curious for personal and professional reasons!)
- What is the best gift you’ve ever received?
- How many kids are in your family and what is your place in the birth order?
You can opt out if you’d like, but I tried to choose people I’d like to learn about as well as hopefully people who haven’t already done this!
- Lindsay at Chasing the Kenyans
- Emilie at I Came To Run
- Lara at Saturday Morning Zen
- Heather at Mile 26 and more
- Lisa at Mom to Marathon
- Joey at Fit Vegas Foodie
- Kristen at Swanky Dietitian
- ~moe~ at Unequivocally Moe
- Katie at Marathon Winer
- Heather at Just a Colorado Girl
- Erin at See Mom Run Far
baby sitters club! woo hoo! sorry, my feet are definitely dry. need to get my pumice stone out. my high school had these dolls that they had some monitoring device in them that recorded when the baby cried and how long it took you to respond (it was programmed to go off at random times for food/diaper/attention).
since i did this on my blog already, i’m gonna answer your questions here! thanks for the tag though 🙂 i do love doing these (and reading them).
What is your favorite comfort food from your childhood? shepherd’s pie
If you won a huge lottery, what would be the first thing you bought? a range rover.
If you could choose a different career, would you and what would it be? a congresswoman. i’ve decided this is the perfect job. you don’t really have to do anything, you get paid well, and you get the summer off.
Dog or cat preference? dog
Mac or PC preference? mac. though i don’t mind PC
Do you prefer talking on the phone or texting and why? texting. i’m so awkward on the phone. i like having the ability to make faces/comments/not respond haha.
Did you ever have a really rebellious phase? YES. i regret it. i try to make it up to my parents now. i was a brat.
Why do you blog or read blogs? at first i read them to pass time at work… lol. now i’ve made lots of friends and i love keeping up with their lives – running or not.
What is your biggest pet peeve about websites? (Curious for personal and professional reasons!) when they’re hard to maneuver / find stuff on. or when they’re trying to be trendy and minimalistic and give no information. or when there’s no contact us email address. i don’t trust the forms…
What is the best gift you’ve ever received? hmmm. i remember being excited over christmas presents like my letterman jacket in high school, or the super nintendo however old i was when i got that. ultimately, best gift was when my dad was rescued from the man who kidnapped him, christmas 2008!
How many kids are in your family and what is your place in the birth order? 4, 2nd oldest!
Darn! It was all blurring together who has and hasn’t done this one! Sorry for the extra tagging, but thanks for answering the questions!
This was fun to read! Thanks for posting!
Thanks for tagging me!
I will be sure to answer these on a post!
You are so right about board games. Someone does always get angry!
This is a very cool thing to do to break the ice for quite a while.
This was fun to read & thanks for tagging me! (Sidenote: I still keep up with your blog but do so from my phone which makes commenting a challenge – i loved your honest post on your pregnancy, and i’m 100% confident that you will be an amazing mom & this will be a huge blessing in your life!)
[…] Jill tagged me in a post called 11 Random Things. Jill is also a fellow Las Vegan! […]