I was tagged in the “Beautiful Blogger Award” meme by Jillian, over at Finishing is Winning recently. Part of the game is to post 7 random facts about yourself in a post on your site.
- I am slightly obsessed with the idea of barefoot running. I really want to try a pair of Vibram Five Fingers, but I don’t want to buy them for myself! [Side note: check out this video of a Time magazine reporter giving the barefoot running stuff a test.]
- I am thoroughly grossed out by handling raw meat, especially chicken. I do it because I’m a good spouse and my hubby is definitely a carnivore. Otherwise, I would probably be vegetarian.
- I have an inner-desire to be a bad-ass roller derby chick, but I don’t know that I could actually pull that off.
- I am not a risk taker nor do I ever do anything spontaneously. In most cases, I’ve probably over-analyzed every angle of a situation before doing something.
- I wish I knew how to dance. The “I’m performing in a musical” type of dancing, not “hanging in da club” type of dancing.
- I love music. Most kinds of music, but I’m not into country much. Mainly alternative rock and indie-alternative rock. I was a DJ on my college’s alternative rock radio station back in the day, which was fun.
- I wish my house was a little more styled, but I do not really enjoy decorating. It has taken me a long time to feel comfortable admitting this because I always felt like I was just supposed to know how to decorate a home simply because I’m a girl. But I don’t, and that’s okay.
The other step is to tag 7 other people to pass along this award/meme:
Alissa at A Runner’s Balancing Act
Terri at Middle-of-the-Pack Girl
Lisa at Discovering the Meaning of Stonehenge
Penny at Planet Ynnep Running
AKA Alice at HefferBlog
Irish at Do It
Doug at iRunnerBuzz
Thanks Jillian, for tagging me and giving me the opportunity to think a little about myself and come up with some random facts about myself.
Similar things like this are always floating around the blogosphere. In fact, in 2008 Terri tagged me with a similar meme… so read my 6 random things from that time! It was kind of fun for me to glance back and see what “random” personal trivia I felt like sharing at that time!