Looking for a gift for a cookie lover in your life? The Honolulu Cookie Company has cool gift sets of their shortbread cookies in great holiday presentations. They sent me their Mele Snowman to sample.
“The 2014 Holiday Collection offers cookies in 24 irresistible flavors, several dipped in white, milk or dark chocolate. They are gift-packaged in a wide range of selections and sizes, priced from $4.95 up:
- Mele Pineapple Ornament ($4.95)– add a delicious tropical flavor to Christmas trees and holiday settings with 3 signature cookies, perfect for a stocking stuffer or holiday party favor.
- Mele Swirl Box ($6.95)– a sampling of 6 cookies featuring all 4 Peppermint holiday flavors is sure to bring a smile.
- Mele Mini Bites ($8.95)– these Peppermint Mini Bite cookies make great quick snacks that cookie lovers can enjoy throughout the season—8 ounces of pure indulgence.
- Medium Mele Quilt Gift Box ($17.95)– contains 16 cookies, featuring all 4 of the new peppermint holiday flavors.
- Large Mele Quilt Gift Box ($25.95)– contains 24 premium shortbread cookies, pairing all 6 new holiday flavors with 2 classic favorites, Butter Macadamia and Chocolate Dipped Macadamia.
- Mele Gift Tin ($26.95)—beautiful keepsake tin contains 33 chocolate dipped shortbread cookies, including traditional and holiday flavors.
- Mele Snowman ($39.95)—a fun and capacious tower contains all 24 flavors, plus Peppermint Mini Bites!
- Mele Round Holiday Collection ($44.95)–holds two levels within one box. Tier One presents a selection of 22 Peppermint and Ginger Spice holiday flavors; Tier Two presents an assortment of 22 signature flavors. A bountiful gift, it’s sure to be a hit at the office holiday party!
To ensure delivery by Christmas, orders being shipped to the continental U.S. must be placed by phone or online by December 17th.”
My personal assessment… the peppermint flavors are all the bomb-diggity. The coffee ones were a big fat MEH for me, but if you are a coffee fanatic, you may feel different. And almost any flavor that had a chocolate-dipped counterpart… the chocolate-dipped version was better! My husband was unimpressed… but he doesn’t care for shortbread cookies at all. So that was kind of a given, right? A tip on this snowman set: the “hat” and “head” are full of the peppermint goodness.