I got an email a bit ago asking if I wanted to try anything from MooMotion, a new company that makes tri-gear. I replied that I wanted to be clear that I’m not a triathlete (fear of the swim, yo!) but they said they want anyone to be able to workout in their apparel and they would be willing to send me a tank for review.
I’ve heard some people say that triathletes get the good gear… and well, that’s true in this case! Tri stuff has pockets, pockets, pockets! Including a boob pocket (as I put it… although, it’s officially called a “hidden cleavage pocket”.
It has a built-in shelf bra, but since the top felt a little loose to me, I wasn’t ready to count on that fully for support. Even when you aren’t well endowed, you want to make sure you’ve got the right support! But everything else about this top fit great and I felt comfortable in it, as well as feeling cute!
Even though it was a chilly day, I put it through a test run… for the sake of science. Or this blog, which is hardly science! I just wore tights and arm warmers that day! It was great, and having pockets on the back was handy. I didn’t actually use the boob pocket, but in a race it would be great for stashing a gel.
Here are the “official” specs on the top:
- Lycra® SPORT Fabric: Moisture wicking and quick dry comfort through water and land
- Constructed mesh bra with brushed elastic allows for maximum support and breathability.
- Features a scoop back with feminine criss-cross straps
- Flat seam construction for next-to-skin comfort
- UPF 50+ sun protection
- Multiple back pockets with a hidden cleavage pocket
- Extends past the hip with a longer back hem for extra coverage
- Performs through chlorine and salt water
- Reflective piping for low light visibility
- Made in USA from Italian technical fabric
It kind of makes me wish I were a triathlete, so I could have the full kit! However, I still don’t want to swim. And I don’t have a bike. So I’ll stick with running in my cute MooMotion top!