I keep thinking to myself I should chop off my hair. More along the lines of this:
as opposed to this:
I keep thinking of the reasons that it would be good to have super short hair:
- Not as much time to style it (I naively assume)
- Less bothersome when running
- Dries faster after washing
But the reasons to not get a short haircut:
- My hubby really doesn’t like short hair.
- It would require a lot more maintenance at the salon (meaning, I would need to go more often than once every 6 months like I do now… which would also necessitate a stylist closer to home)
- I would probably have to color my hair, so there is a bigger difference in color between my hair and skin color.
I’m just bored with my hair. I want something new and different. But then I saw this on Pinterest:
How cool is that?!
My hubby thinks it is weird too… but I think he could learn to deal with this, probably easier than he could deal with a pixie!
And if I got something like this and didn’t like it, well I could always cut my hair back into my favorite ever haircut I’ve had as an adult, from back in 2007…
The biggest problem with this haircut was I didn’t like the way sweat accumulated at my neck while running. That is one huge benefit of a ponytail! Oh yeah… the other problem was that it required more frequent salon visits to maintain. But I loved it, the cut the AND the colors!
That may be the most daring thing I’ve done with my hair in all my 35 years of life!