Did you have a good Thanksgiving holiday? (For those of us in the US!) I did, but I didn’t at the same time.
- I got to see my brother, his wife and their two kids.
- I got to see both of my parents, my grandparents and my aunt & uncle.
- I ate yummy pie. (And other tasty things, but the pie really stood out for me this year.)
- We survived our first trip out of town with the dog and the baby.
- I had a lot of anxiety about the trip.
- Our car’s battery was giving us grief.
- When the Thanksgiving meal was ready, Alex needed to eat. So I ended up eating my meal as everyone else finished, so I didn’t feel like I was actually part of the dinner experience.
- My hubby was sick. Seriously, the Man Cold is awful.
My head was in a pretty negative space. I’m assuming it has something to do with my anti-depressant prescription running out so I have had about a week without taking it regularly. I was feeling pretty good, was thinking I didn’t need the pill. But I knew I couldn’t stop taking it cold-turkey, I did that when I found out I was pregnant and I almost completely fell apart. I HATE that I have to be on that, I wish I didn’t have to take either that or Synthroid and could be prescription drug-free. But I don’t think that’s a reality for the immediate time-being. Don’t worry, I have a doctor’s appointment RIGHT NOW. I’ll get my meds all squared away again.
I did get a four generations photo taken with Alex, me, my mom and my grandmother. We had one of these taken when I was a baby with my great grandma when I was just about a month older than Alex is right now.
I have decided that I’m going to stop doing the Core Challenge for a while. I’m not entirely sure if it’s true or not, but I’ve read that some of those exercises actually exacerbate abdominal separation. I would like to HEAL that, not make it worse. So instead my core work is going to focus on stomach vacuums for a while.
I think I may be fully acclimated to zero-drop shoes for running now. Every run I do in my Altra Intuition is great, I feel fluid and strong. But if I use any shoes without a zero heel-to-toe drop, I just feel awkward. And the other shoes that I have are ones with a 4mm drop, I don’t have any traditional running shoes anymore. Nonetheless, the ones I do have still feel clunky. Interesting…
I registered for the Zion Half Marathon this week, so it’s official! I’ve got a half marathon on my agenda now. I’m excited about that!
Did you do anything fun for the holidays?