Today is my 10th wedding anniversary!
We were planning on going for a hike this morning with Jade. Jade loves hiking through dirt and it seemed like a nice way to spend the day, celebrating that we are a little family unit with the whole family together.
But instead, I spent the morning at the doctor’s office.
I’ve been coughing, rather violently, for about 10 days straight now. And starting yesterday I started to have an excruciating pain in the left side of my chest on every inhale and on every cough. This morning it was even worse. So I called the doc.
She diagnosed me as having bronchitis (again… the second time this year!) and an injured rib from the coughing. I have to go get a chest x-ray tomorrow to see if I have a fractured rib or just strained ribs. Either way, it hurts REALLY REALLY bad!
The frustration stems from feeling like this year has been absolutely awful so far in terms of my health.
– I’ve had bronchitis twice.
– My running has been getting slower throughout the year.
– I have to cut back on running at my GYN’s orders.
– I am tired all the time and need sooooo much sleep!
– My gut is in turmoil constantly.
I thought once I hit my target weight zone everything in the world should be in Technicolor, all beautiful and life would be awesome. But lately, it’s just been…. HARD! So I guess if nothing else, this year has been an exercise in patience and respecting my body. But that’s a tough lesson, one that needs to be repeatedly taught!
But it’s not all frustration today…
– I found out that I’m going to get a pair of the new Saucony Hattori! (To celebrate the launch of these minimal shoes, Saucony has switched their site over to a minimal appearance for the week. It’s kind of fun!)
– I got a sweet new Invicta watch through RueLaLa (thanks to Failed Muffins for turning me to this site!) and it arrived today.
– Plus I’m going out to dinner and to see the Cirque du Soleil show Ka with my hubby tonight!
Happy 10th Anniversary!! I’m sorry you arentfeeling well 😦 get healthy and feel better!
Happy Anniversary! I can’t believe you’ve been married 10 years – you look too young! 🙂
Hope you feel better soon. Take care of yourself.
Happy anniversary! I’m sorry you aren’t feeling well, but maybe this way you can use it as an excuse to spread the celebration out even more 🙂