I just got this pack and took it out for a 12-miler and now I am wondering why I wasted so much time with hydration packs strapped around my waist. This was awesome.
First, the technical points from the company:
- Built with women’s specific shoulder straps and torso length
- Holds 2 liters of liquid
- Dual front pockets, one zippered.
- Two zippered rear pockets
- Shock cord for jacket/gloves
- Vertically adjustable sternum strap with a tube clip
My thoughts on it:
- I loved how adjustable everything is, side straps to sternum strap… everything could be moved for optimal comfort.
- Lightweight, so it was comfortable while I was wearing it and it didn’t bounce around at all.
- The pockets on the front were easily accessible, so I could stash fuel there and it was easy to grab as needed.
- I could keep my iPhone in one of the front pockets so I could listen to it without having to strap it onto my sweaty self, it felt protected at all times.
- No bouncing. I felt more balanced and less encumbered than I ever have with belts.
- It was pretty breathable. I was worried my back would get overly hot and sweaty, but it actually felt fine, even though I was running in 80 degree weather.
The only bad thing I have to say about this is the possibility of ending up hauling too much. While I was running I was seriously thinking: “During a race, I could carry my phone and some Action Wipes and money and ID and some toilet paper (just in case) and bar of some sorts for post-race fuel in case the race food sucked and…” Hell, I could probably convince myself I could carry a brick in there if I thought I needed it.
This is a really well made product. This is the first time I have ever used a backpack hydration system and found it a much easier way for me to get fluids in while keeping on the move. The bite-valve was a little weird for me to get used to at first, simply because I didn’t realize it had to be pulled forward a little to get the flow going, but once I figured that out I was all good.
Love this thing… LOVE IT!
Note: I got this through my own hard-earned dollars.