Alright… I’ve tried wearing running skirts in the past. I’ve had a few of them:
- a Brooks skirt way back in 2008. This was before they were so commonplace and I felt like a goon wearing it. Also, the inner shorts rode up really bad and that was annoying!
- a Go Girl Sport skirt, another one with the shorts riding up problem.
- a Mizuno skirt that I wore, and LOVED, while pregnant, but it stopped fitting after I wasn’t pregnant anymore. Go figure.
But I have decided, for some unknown reason, that I need to try a running skirt again. I guess it stems from the fact that most of my running shorts are pretty old and are showing some wear, I figured I may as well try again. So now I’m looking around at my options… lots to choose from.
- Columbia Zero Rules Skirt: Looks lightweight, but it has some Omni-Freeze® ZERO™ technology that is supposed to lower the temperature of the fabric as you perspire.
- Lole Nala Skirt: Comes in a super cute red version and I like the seaming.
- Skirts Sports Magnet Skirt: It has a built-in magnet to attach a bib number in a race.
- Skirt Sports Jette Skirt: This one caught my eye because the pleats give it a little feminine edge that isn’t an actual ruffle.
- Salomon Agile Skirt: Everything about this one screams LIGHTWEIGHT. Which appeals to me for summer.
- Brooks Versatile Skort: Silicone grippers on the shorts so they don’t ride up.
- Athleta Bustle Skirt: It’s cute, has good reviews, but it may be a little too ruffly for me?
- The North Face Better Than Naked Skirt: Super lightweight material would be good for hot summer runs. Pockets as well!
- The North Face Eat My Dust Skirt: Has pockets on the shorts as well as a zippered pocket on the skirt.
- Patagonia Nine Trails Skirt: Comes in cute patterns and has lots of pockets.
Maybe I’ll have to post a skirt face-off…
So please, let me know what kind of skirts, or shorts, you swear by!