Reading Time: 1 minute
Alright, I saw this on Catilin’s blog, Healthy Tipping Point, and I thought I’d throw my entry in for The Accent Vlog.
List of Words:
Aunt, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, Toilet, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught
- What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
- What is the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?
- What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
- What do you call gym shoes?
- What do you say to address a group of people?
- What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped
- body and extremely long legs?
- What do you call your grandparents?
- What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry
- groceries at the supermarket?
- What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
- What is the thing you change the TV channel with?
Now just a little bit of info… I was born in Illinois and lived there until I was 7. Then I lived in Utah. Now I live in Nevada. Apparently regional things can make a difference in not only how you say things, but what you call things. I’ve always known that I call the “carbonated bubbly drink” by a name more popular in the mid-west than here in the west as I’ve had people question me on that one before.
My voice is also a little gravelly/nasal today because I’m still recovering from bronchitis!
But I thought this was kind of fun… Play along! Leave a note if you do!